Life is just like a 2 pronged fork...

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Was God the DJ today?

Do you believe in Divine Interference? Have you ever had the feeling that there’s someone out there looking out for you? Ever felt that you are just a pawn in the entire clock-work of the cosmos? Did it ever occur to you that, what happened could have happened in a very different way, but it happened as it did, because someone else orchestrated it?

This morning, I woke up to the sound of the alarm, but was too lazy to get out of bed. So just to get over the grogginess, I thought I might as well sit up and acclimatize myself to the early hour before getting out of bed. With nothing else to do in bed, I got the laptop from the table to check on the file downloads of the previous night & the power adaptor not being long enough, I had to remove it. Once I finished with it and was prepared to get out of bed, I logged off and kept the laptop on the table, and attacked the day starting with my daily activities to get ready for office.

As I finished getting dressed, I put the laptop in my laptop bag and headed for breakfast. Just at that moment, before I could switch off the Worldspace, they started to play Secret Garden by Bruce Springsteen – one of my all time favourites. With that beautiful song playing, I couldn’t switch it off, so I got my breakfast on to the table and listened to the entire song. As the song got over and I started to go, I noticed that I had forgotten to put the power adaptor in my laptop bag. If I wouldn’t have stopped to listen to the song, I would have had no power cord in office and without it, my laptop wouldn’t have been able to sustain for 2 hours resulting in my going over to colleagues and begging for their power cords, while answering all the embarrassing questions about the missing cord. That song definitely saved me from that situation.

Divine Interference? Would you say that? Joan Osbourne wonders in her song, “If God was one of us”…I wonder, if God was the DJ today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home